Eataly: agreement with Investindustrial, first shareholder with 52%


The structure of the operation, according to a note, provides for a capital increase of 200 million euros and a concomitant purchase by Investindustrial of a part of the shares held by existing shareholders. Thanks to the increase, the financial debt will in fact be eliminated

Investindustrial, the investment fund led by Andrea Bonomi, formalizes the agreement that will lead him to become the majority shareholder of Eataly, with a 52% stake in the capital of the group founded by Oscar Farinetti and the aim of supporting its growth internationally.

The capital increase

The structure of the operation, according to a note, provides for a capital increase of 200 million euros and a concomitant purchase by Investindustrial of a part of the shares held by existing shareholders. The transaction envisages that, at closing, Investindustrial will hold 52% of the capital, while the historical shareholders Eatinvest (Farinetti family), the Baffigo / Miroglio family and Clubitaly (Tamburi Investment Partners) will hold the remaining 48% of the capital overall.

Debt eliminated

The increase will effectively eliminate the company’s net financial debt in order to maximize the financial flexibility necessary for accelerating expansion on a global scale.



Source-tg24.sky.it