The consumer information campaign of Enea and Federdistribuzione in the Month of Energy Efficiency 2022
Reduce energy consumption in the home and lower your bill. Federdistribuzione and Enea kick off a consumer information campaign with a handbook containing five practical tips. An initiative on the occasion of Energy Efficiency Month.
1. Avoid hindering the diffusion of heat – Keeping curtains, furniture or clothes racks in front of the radiators is a source of waste because it hinders the diffusion of heat. It is also important not to leave the windows open to avoid heat loss.
2. Check the room temperature – 19 degrees are enough to ensure the necessary comfort in the house. Reducing the heating by one hour a day and keeping it off for 15 days, over the course of a year, reduces costs by around 180 euros for a medium-sized apartment.
3. Using washing machine and dishwasher with full load – Using the washing machine once every two days, instead of once a day, and the dishwasher once a day instead of two, saves 52 and 74 euros per year respectively.
4. Replace the light bulbs in the house with LED ones – Installing LED bulbs in the house, considering that they will remain on for an average of 6 hours a day, allows you to reduce starting consumption by 15%.
5. Reduce the duration and temperature of the shower – Reducing the minutes spent under water from 7 to 5, lowering the temperature by 3 degrees, saves up to 250 euros.