Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on entertainment news
From 21 April Musikè returns, the music, theater and dance festival. The inauguration of the twelfth edition will be a regional premiere of the Teatro Filodrammatici in Milan, which on Friday 21 April at the Piccolo Teatro Don Bosco in Padua will stage “La prova”, a comedy written and directed by Bruno Fornasari on a topical and thorny theme : discrimination against women in the workplace. Tommaso Amadio, Emanuele Arrigazzi, Marta Belloni and Orsetta Borghero, busy in a barrage of jokes with no holds barred, they will give body and voice to a drama that, in dealing with the poisons that creep into professional relationships, is ideally linked to “NERDs – symptoms”, the show on the poisons of family relationships with which the Teatro Filodrammatici inaugurated Musikè in 2016.
- The first appointment with music will be on Friday 28 April at the Rotonda di Rovigo and will feature the Brass Sextet of the Sistine Pontifical Musical Chapel.
- The frescoes in the Sala dei Giganti in the Liviano di Padova will accompany the clandestine reading on Saturday 6 May that Fabrizio Bentivoglio has chosen to dedicate to Ennio Flaiano.
- The appointment on Thursday 11 May at the Balzan Theater in Badia Polesine takes place at the crossroads of sounds and words. Federico Maria Sardelli and the Baroque music ensemble Modo Antiquo will tell the public about the Vivaldi affair.
- The estranged eyes of the Venetian concierge Gina Francon will act as a counterpoint to Flaiano’s Rome in the 1960s, which will arrive on Friday 19 May at the Philharmonic Theater in Piove di Sacco.
- Musikè celebrates the centenary of the birth of Italo Calvino by presenting an adaptation of Marcovaldo in its national première on Friday 26 May at the Teatro Aldo Rossi in Borgoricco.
The program from September
- After the summer break, Musikè will resume on Saturday 30th September at the Teatro Goldoni in Bagnoli di Sopra. On stage, in the regional premiere, Le volpi by Lucia Franchi and Luca Ricci, founders of the Capotrave company.
- On Tuesday 17 October the Teatro Sociale in Rovigo will host the first of three events dedicated to dance.
- The appointment with music on Saturday 21 October will take you to the Sala dei Giganti at the Liviano in Padua the jazz of Australian pianist and singer Sarah McKenzie.
- Among the great challenges that the contemporary world is facing, the environmental issue occupies a prominent place: it is the theme of “Greenminds”, a show that will be staged in regional premiere on Friday 27 October at the Censer in Rovigo.
- Dance will return to the Teatro Ferrari in Camposampiero on Friday 3 November. Guest of this twelfth edition will be the Nuovo Balletto di Toscana with Bayadère Il Regno delle Ombre.
- For the last appointment with the theater, this year Musikè has chosen to invite the Silver Ribbon Tommaso Ragno, who will be a guest on Wednesday 8 November at the Ballarin Theater in Lendinara with the regional premiere of “A relationship for an Academy”.
- The very young violinist Nurie Chung will be the soloist in an arrangement for violin and orchestra of Niccolò Paganini’s Capricci on Saturday 18 November in the Sala dei Giganti at the Liviano in Padua.
- For the grand finale of the Musikè review will host the only Italian date of the National Dance Company Wales at the Teatro Verdi in Padua. On Wednesday, November 29, the national dance company will present Pulse.
Times and entrances
All the shows will start at 21.00, with the exception of the two outdoor shows on Sunday 18 June and Wednesday 21 June which will start at 21.30. Free admission with reservations required on the website www.rassegnamusike.it subject to availability