It was Amadeus himself, together with the organizers of the new edition of Sanremo Festival 2022, to communicate, just under twenty-four hours ago, on social media and through the press, i names of the 12 artists who will compete on December 15th in the circuit Sanremo Young. Only two of them, the official winners, will be able to take part in the new edition of the Ligurian festival as BIG. For its third year running the Festival, Amadeus has decided to follow in the footsteps of Claudio Baglioni who, following the same mechanism, led to the victory and the discovery of the new and talented artist Mahmood.
Who are the 12 artists of Sanremo Giovani 2022
Here are the names of the 12 artists who, after a careful screening phase, were chosen to take part in the new edition of the Sanremo Giovani musical circuit. The lucky winners – to be announced during the final on December 15th – will perform during the new edition of the festival starting on Tuesday 1 February, as BIG. Who are the 12 artists of Sanremo Giovani 2022:
- Bais, from Udine with the song “Che fine mi fai”
- Martina Beltrami, from Turin with the song “I speak of you”
- Destro, from Leverano (Lecce) with the song “August in the middle of summer”
- Esseho, from Rome with the song “Arianna”
- Littamè, from Terrassa Padovana (Padua) with the song “Fuck you have to watch”
- Oli ?, from Belluno with the song “Smalto e tinta”
- Matteo Romano, from Cuneo with the piece “Testa e Croce”
- Samia, from Yemen with the song “Let me breathe”
- Senza_Cri, from Brindisi with the song “A me”
- Tananai, from Milan with the song “Esagerata”
- Vittoria, from Villafranca in Lunigiana (Massa and Carrara) with the song “California”
- Yuman, from Rome with the song “A thousand nights”.
Some curiosities about the artists competing
After having increased the number of artists who have passed the scrutiny of the Festival Commission for the “great quality of the songs proposed by young people”, Amadeus and colleagues Claudio Fasulo, Gian Marco Mazzi, Massimo Martelli and Leonardo De Amicis have chosen, among the more than 700 questions received and the 46 artists resulting from a first screening, the 12 names proposed above, as participants of Sanremo Giovani 2022. Four of them – Destro, Littamè, Senza_Cri and Vittoria – come directly from the initiative Area Sanremo. Others are young faces but already known to the radio, social media and talent audiences. Among all the names of the songwriter stand out Matteo Romano, often in high radio rotation and with a large following on TikTok and Martina Beltrami, who participated in the 19th edition of “Amici” won by Gaia.