Studenti.it, ‘for 74% go to useful therapy, psychologist is no longer taboo’

For 49%, the greatest fear is not being able to find their way in life

According to research by the National Council of the Order of Psychologists (Cnop), published in October 2021, there has been a 31% increase in patients under the age of 18 in therapy. Among them 1 out of 2 experiences psychological distress and 1 out of 10 manifests a disorder. But the good news is that Generation Z does not consider the psychologist a taboo and indeed, believes that it is a useful resource: to reveal it is a survey by Studenti.it in which over 3,200 users of the site participated but also tells us about the success of the Psychological Wellbeing section https://www.studenti.it/benessere-psicologico-studenti/ within which there are guides – edited by specialists – who deal with the issues of juvenile distress.



Themes that are also dealt with on the Studenti.it TikTok profile which has over 500,000 followers, through 1-minute videos https://www.tiktok.com/@studenti.it that allow you to reach young people where they are most present: their favorite social platforms.

According to the Studenti.it survey, 74% of respondents believe that going to therapy is useful: of these, 50% would not be ashamed, 11% would prefer that “the others did not know” while 13% he would like to go there but believes that it costs too much and, therefore, that it is an expense he cannot afford. The remaining 26% think that going to therapy is not useful. When asked ‘if you had the opportunity to go to therapy (if you had the money or a free psychologist available) would you go there?’, 68% of the young people interviewed answered yes, while the remaining 32% would not.

When asked if ‘there is a psychologist in your school to contact in case of need’, 48% of respondents replied “yes, but I’ve never been there”. 11% answered affirmatively: “yes and I went”. 25% replied that the psychologist in the school “is not there but maybe there was!” while the remaining 16% stated that the psychologist is not there but that, if he were there, he would not go there because he would not consider it useful.

For 49%, the greatest fear is not being able to find their way in life, not being able to reach their goals. In second place we find the fear of the judgment of others which scares 17% of the interviewees while, immediately after with 16% of the preferences, there is the fear of loneliness. 12% fear instead of being inadequate to face the challenges they will encounter. In last place, with 6% of the preferences, there is the fear of disappointments in the sentimental field.



Source-www.adnkronos.com